There are a number of benefits you could qualify for in retirement so it’s important to make sure you know what you can claim.
Here are some of the main benefits:
- Personal Allowances. Your personal allowances is still payable even after you retire.
- Council Tax Support. You may qualify for this if your income is low.
- Housing Benefit. You could qualify for help with the rent if you’re a tenant.
- Personal Independence Payment. Payable if you’re under 65, disabled, and need help.
- Attendance Allowance. Available if you’re over 65, disabled and need help.
- Health Benefits. From 60, you can get free prescriptions, sight tests and more.
- Winter Fuel Payment. This is a yearly tax-free payment to help pay for your heating in the Winter months.
- Free travel. You could qualify for concessions or free travel on public transport.
- Senior railcard. A Senior Railcard provides significant savings on rail travel.
This isn’t an exhaustive list of every single benefit you might qualify for. If you’d like to learn more about the complete range of benefits available in retirement, please visit the Directgov website here.
Take at look at our post Working after your retirement